(NEW) Project Manager
LakePharma, Inc. in Worcester, MA (formerly Blue Sky BioServices) is accepting applications for motivated, full-time Project Managers to join its dynamic workforce.
The Project Manager position provides a unique opportunity for a person with career aspirations in biotech and project management to join and contribute to a fast-paced team at a rapidly expanding company with a cutting edge technology platform and ample opportunity to grow with the company. LakePharma offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including "O3292016-PM " in the subject line.
Title: Senior Scientist
Location: Worcester, MA (USA)
Employment Type: Full Time
Group: Protein Science Laboratory
Job Code: PS20160414
Senior level scientist to direct purification of antibodies, enzymes, and recombinant proteins using a variety of classical and contemporary biochemical techniques.
LakePharma is seeking an experienced Protein Scientist with expertise in classical and contemporary protein purification procedures for a variety of protein classes. The employee will be responsible for managing and prioritizing projects within the laboratory, writing study/research plans, and acting as the study director for clients. The position requires a drive to provide outstanding customer service by maintaining regular communications with clients, meeting or exceeding quality and timeline expectations.
The successful candidate will be able to work with a limited guidance to plan and execute studies and be able to perform routine maintenance on instruments. Must be able to clearly and accurately present written data to customers and be comfortable with oral presentations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with various protein separation techniques including affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic, and size exclusion chromatography.
- Characterize protein targets via SDS-PAGE, Western blot, and analytical SEC.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot technical issues encountered during protein purification and characterization.
- Compose study/research plans in collaboration with clients and other LakePharma employees.
- Communicate project updates and technical reports to clients and senior level management
- Maintain scientific excellence in area of protein biochemistry.
- Desirable candidates will have experience with programming and operating instruments such as AKTA FPLC, Agilent HPLC, and Milipore TFF.
- Preference will be given to candidates with cell based assay development experience.
- Ability to accurately identify and promptly troubleshoot technical issues.
- Ability to write clear SOPs and explain processes to peers and customers.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and exceptional attention to detail are required.
- BS, MS, PhD with relevant industry experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Independent, collaborative
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, including "PS20160414" in the subject line.